Wednesday, January 23, 2008

A late start

I think sometimes better late than never applies....now is one of those times. I have started several blogs but somehow interest wains, discipline dies off and I forget about it. So....we'll try again. This time making little promise as to where it is going, what will come of it, or even who will read it.

I am not setting out to write a book, create a program, inspire anyone...I am just writing. Sometimes that makes all the difference. Perhaps this is something that has to evolve on its own without being determined at the start. I have ideas of what I would like it to be....but we'll leave it at that. For now, whether it be catharsis or rant, I begin. A blog about motherhood, endurance training, and life in general: and how amazingly similar these three things are.

If you are reading this, you are important to me. You have impressed me at some point in your life with who you are, what you have done and what you continue to be. Its comforting at 40 to realize you don't need to be friends with the world, just with those that mean the world to you. Its comforting to care little about what other people think of you, your life, your plans and your aspirations. Whether I have told you directly or not, its comforting to be around or associated with people like you---so thank you.

Now, enjoy. A good read is just that...a good read. I hope you are entertained...I know I have been. My life, so far, is the best party I've been to and it keeps rolling on. Lots of love, lots of laughs, a fair dose of tears and just enough unexpected moments around every turn to keep it exciting. I love my life--I hope you enjoy reading about it.

No comments: