I say hmmmm....because in general I am not sure what to think of recent weeks and things happening. I think I feel a bit overwhelmed by life at the moment--its not bad just a bit overwhelming.
Training is going pretty well. I was fortunate enough to go out to Phoenix with Dan last week for four days. I brought my bike and did some "recon" on the course. I found the course to be pretty straight forward and the bike is not nearly as challenging, to me, as CDA. These are all good things. It was still very hot while I was there. On the first day I rode, it was 106 according to my car when I finished. Yea, it was HOT! Day 2 ride was a bit better but still toasty. I rode about 5 hrs with over 2500 feet of climbing (a lot for ole pokey) but felt good when I was finished.
Rumor has it my biking is coming along--so sayeth my coach--and I am happy about it. Its all I really do, training wise. Bike, bike, bike, bike. I enjoy a good swim and a run here and there but it certainly hasn't been the emphasis for the last several months. My overall fitness level is good, so when I need to run, its coming in just fine.
I am getting pretty excited about Ironman. I have very little expectations for the day except to cross the finish line with Abby and have Dan and Aidan in close proximity. I want a solid day with as few surprises as I can hope for.
As for the rest of my life--like I said, its good just a bit overwhelming. I realize this by the lack of posts I make on this blog!! I am impressed by people who update their blog every few days. Like I said from the git go--that wasn't going to be me and it hasn't. I think it would be good to write more but just can't seem to get to it.
I don't know if its back to school, Kids Who Care, soccer, ballet for Aidan, housework and oh yea, Ironman training but I feel behind in everything. EVERYTHING! I try to give myself a break but the stress gets to me more than I would prefer. I try and figure out ways to address it but I seem to run out of day before I finish what I hoped for..thus adding to the stress. There won't be much in December (ha ha...just holidays and what not) so maybe I'll catch up. Or maybe this just is my life. I asked Abby the other day if it bothered her....her response...."does what bother me Mom?" Lesson learned.
For now I just keep asking myself a few basic questions: am I healthy? are my kids healthy? is my marriage healthy? are my clients happy?
I think if I can keep answering yes to the basics, I will find the time for the other stuff down the road. I need to be a bit kinder to myself, take IM as it comes, and enjoy the ride.
Well--off to bed. Sleep is something I don't get nearly enough of but I am going to try tonight. Be back soon--need to send details of M&M weekend '09!
No comments:
Post a Comment